At last, the time has arrived for you to pack and gear up for the ultimate Alaskan adventure with Afognak Wilderness Lodge. While this opportunity of a lifetime is bound to be fun and relaxing, it is essential that you adequately prepare for all of the exciting activities that the Afognak Island has in store. Especially on your fishing adventures, it is critical that you are appropriately equipped to withstand any circumstance or weather event that the Alaskan wilderness may throw at you.
One of the many enticing aspects of Afognak Wilderness Lodge is that guests have the unique ability to embark on freshwater and saltwater fishing outings. The prime location of this premiere lodge allows fishing enthusiasts to explore Alaska’s inland rivers and lakes along with the waters of the northern Pacific ocean. While the lodge does provide all necessary equipment for a successful time on the water, here is a list of personal items you may want to consider packing to make your adventure as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
- Jacket (preferably one lighter and one heavier)
- Rain jacket or poncho
- Fleece gloves
- Waterproof boots with grip (for out on the water as well as the possible clam dig or mussel harvest)
- Moisture-wicking long socks
- Warm hat with brim (for sun and cold weather protection)
- Sunglasses (polarized for optimal protection from glare off the water)
- Long underwear (for those colder coastal days)
- Waterproof bag
- Insect repellant
- Camera with batteries
- Fishing vest (optional)
- Waders (optional)
- Any personal fishing equipment
Double-check this list to ensure that you have a fun and successful vacation enjoying the natural beauty of this gorgeous state. Call now or visit our website with any questions you may have on what to pack for your Afognak Wilderness Lodge fishing adventure, and get ready to enjoy this unique and breathtaking location.